I hope you don't mind if I rant...... But it drives me nuts when I here a commercial say something like "take a vacation, you deserve it!" or "buy a new mattress, you deserve it." Lets get one thing straight: you don't deserve it. As a matter of fact, you don't deserve anything! We are not worthy to be alive! Much less be adopted by God. We deserve to be in eternal torment in hell!
People say, "what did I ever do to deserve this?" We deserve whatever comes at us and much more! People say they are so good just because they haven't murdered anyone. They say: "Yeah I'm going to heaven because I'm not a bad person." Not at all realizing what grave danger they are in! This fallen, perverted world is the closest they will ever come to experiencing heaven. And those tortures that they cringe at when they read about, are soon going to be dished out on them for eternity.
Its even more sad when people who think they are saved, are not! They think that just because they attend church, read a little bit of their bible, and said a prayer, that they are saved! If you don't have works to show your faith by, it's probably not there. Not that we are saved by works, we are only saved through Jesus Christ. But if you truly are born again, you will show your faith by your works. And you will do works for God. (That is the difference between a non-christian doing good acts, and a christian doing works.)
This is getting a little off topic.... but isn't that what rambling is all about? :D
My point is this: We do not deserve anything earthly, spiritually, or heavenly. It is purely God's love for us that saves us from eternal torture in hell.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment