I might as well say it now, I'm a music freak. I LOVE music. I play the piano as a hobby, and sing at the top of my lungs when my parents are gone. :D I don't listen to any secular music other than classical and piano.
Music is a gift from God. It's also my favorite way to worship Him. Art in general portrays things in a different light, and music in particular. I can't tell you how many times I have grasped a biblical concept through a song. Just today I was listening to the song "Perfect Peace." It is a very simple, yet beautiful song telling how God will give us perfect peace. Honestly I had never thought about that before. That God will give us peace in a situation. His perfect peace at that.
A lot of people have quiet times in the morning, or sing some hymns. For me (not that I don't have a "quiet time") I wait until I'm home alone, and play worship songs for hours while singing my heart out to Him. Those are my favorite times. And when I can't sleep at night, I turn on my piano music.
Out of all the gifts God has given, I would say music is one of my favorites. I think of music in general as a form of worship. That is why I dislike listening to secular music. Not that it has anything good in it anyways.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment