I had a wonderful day today. I spent the entire day with my church family, learning, laughing, and socializing. I had church and Sunday school, then I had choir practice, then I had youth group. What could be better then spending a day with your spiritual family a.k.a. your best friends? They did give me a cold, but I love them anyways.
My church is starting another church, and today we had the people who are going out to be a part of it, prayed over. It was bitter sweet. We were all happy because we knew they were following the Lord's guiding, but it was bitter because they are family. Its hard to see them go, and tears were gathering in my eyes as we prayed for them.
In youth group my absolutely awesome youth pastor was teaching on Luke 6:41-42. Its was a great reminder not to be judgemental. As he was teaching, I was thinking about how much I would miss them all if I left. I have attended 3 different churches in my life time, and the one thing that has taught me is to not take my church for granted.
Sorry I haven't been posting any insights I've had lately. I have been negelcting to talk to God as much as I usually do throughout the day, so I've been kind of out of the loop of what He wants to show me. :(
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment