I was thinking today of how wonderful it will be when we come face to face with Jesus Christ. I can picture myself standing before Him, finally perfected, and Him opening his arms to me and saying: "My daughter." What a glorious day that will be! All the trials of the past world will be worth it. I can imagine embracing Him and crying tears of joy. And I will spend forever and eternity with Him in paradise. Paradise in itself will be beautiful, exquisite, and out of this world... but it will seem like icing on the cake compared to meeting my Lord and Saviour face to face. True joy will overwhelm me. I'll have a happiness beyond anything experienced on this earth.
Suppose you had a close friend. Your closest friend in fact. And you could only communicate through phone calls, and letters. And one day, you meet this friend face to face. What would that reunion be like? How much more our reunion with Jesus Christ! We have read His letters, and know some of them by heart. Some of us have written letters back. We have cried out to Him when we are frustrated and have felt his loving presence calm us.
This is why I'm not afraid to die. Like it says in Corinthians: "Where oh death is your victory? Where oh death is your sting?" The sooner I die, the sooner I will meet my Lord and be out of this fallen world. And as Paul says in Philippians: "To me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment