The other day I asked a friend why she always keeps the door to her room closed. She explained that she didn't want the family's cats to mess up stuff in her room. I noticed that when ever her door was open for more then a few seconds, the cats would come running, hoping to get in. I asked her why this was. Her answer was so simple. "They try to get in because they are not allowed in."
I was pondering that this morning. I realized that her cats are much like us humans in that aspect. We want something we can't have. We want something we are not allowed to have. We long for things that God hates and wont allow us to have for our own good.
Remember Adam and Eve? (Genesis 2:4-3:24) They were sinless to begin with. They were completely innocent! And God only told them one thing not to eat. And what did they do? They ate it! And it was for their own good and well being that God told them not to eat it! He wanted the best for them.
The bible says not to covet. (Exodus 20:17) I beleive God said this because when we continually want something we are not allowed to have, it can change our mind set towards it. And we try to justify it in our eyes. But if we forget about it and move on, we have overcome a temptation! Hallelujah!
Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.
1 Corinthians 10:12-13
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
Temptation is nothing new. And every one battles it. But as we see in 1 Cor. 10:13, we can overcome every temptation the world throws at us! And we can resist from doing things we are not supposed to do. When you are being strongly tempted, PRAY!!!
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment