Monday, January 24, 2011

Just how long is forever?

   The bible frequently mentions words like "eternal," "forever," etc. We can easily dismiss this, quite simply as "forever". Without really stopping to think how long forever really is.
    There are a couple different ways we can think of forever. Lets think of the common worship song "Forever." Now this isn't scripture, but it is scripture based. And most, if not all of it is contained in scripture. It says "forever God is faithful, forever God is strong, forever God is with us." We can think of forever like this. The highest number in creation. I can say this because there is no end to how high you can count. Ok, there's an end to how high we have names for numbers, but the numbers keep going even past that.
   If I said to someone, "I bet I can come up with a number higher than you can." Any person in their right mind would say "that's stupid! You name your number and I will multiply it times 100!"
   Forever keeps on going. And that is something our minds have a hard time comprehending.
   Another way to look at is that those who are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ will spent eternity with Him. While those who are not, will spend eternity burning in hell. So, depending on who you are, you will either spend eternity in paradise or in torment. Think of it this way. You are in heaven and 100 years goes by. You haven't aged at all. And you are still enjoying it as much as you did when you first got there. And then a million years goes by. Then a billion. And then 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years later, those first trillion years look like a day. And 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years after that, they look like a second. There is no end to time. Basically there is no time. It is forever. Eternity.
    How do you want to spend eternity? Because the only way to spend it in heaven is by accepting the gift of eternal life and living your life for Jesus. It's the best way to go on earth too.
   Think twice before you say to your best friend "I haven't seen you in forever!" :D

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment