Jeremiah 29:11 says: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
Think about this: Something happens to you, or someone you know, and you wonder, "why is this happening to this person?? (Or yourself.)"
I experience this a lot myself. Especially with people I know. Through multiple experiences in my life, I have learned that God always has a plan. This doesn't mean I always trust God 100%, 24/7, with everything. I'm still working on that.
But when my friends go through hard things and don't seem to understand that God will work everything out. That everything is in His hands. I hurt for them because I realize how hopeless the situation is if you don't believe that God is in control. I yearn for them to understand it and be at rest. I've spent nights awake, crying over the phone with a friend who is hurting. And I pray that they would trust God. Trust Him with everything.
For me, I need to learn that God always knows best. That when He tells me to do something, I need to do it without question. I need to not think I know what's best for me and trust Him with everything. And everything includes my friends, my reputation, the way I spend my free time etc.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment