This is going to sound horrible, but lately I have been bored at youth group. My youth pastor doesn't seem to be excited about what he's teaching. And he has been going rather shallow theology wise. I had a friend come to youth group tonight, and she told me afterward that she didn't like how shallow he was. I was thinking about that, when my other friend pointed out that he used to go a lot deeper when we asked more questions. On the other hand, I feel like he thinks going too shallow is better than going too deep. I personally prefer theology that is hard to comprehend to really shallow stuff that no one can challenge you on. I stopped asking questions when I realized I was asking for the wrong reasons (I wont go into that.) But now that I look back, he went a lot deeper when I asked questions. There were never any awkward silences when he asked a question and no one answered. So I think we really need to take more of an interest in the messages.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment