Monday, September 29, 2014

Very Blessed

   So many times these days I find myself wanting to write a post or thinking of something I should share, but the sheer amount of ways God is working in my life blows me away, and I don't even know where to start. But here are a couple things.
   I am so blessed by my roommate. I have been praying for her since April, even before I met her, and I am convinced there isn't another person on this campus who would fit me better. I simply adore her and our contrasting personalities get along so well. Due to a health condition, I stay up with her late into the night frequently, but I feel so privileged to do so! She says that God gave her me as a roommate because He knew I could handle it, but I feel like God brought me here to bless me through her. Because I would rather be up until 3am helping such a wonderful sister in Christ than sleeping. It's not even a question.
   I am absolutely loving the spontaneity of college life. Our late-night adventures are going to be some of my best memories from college. I know that already. Sometimes college life gets so dull and bogged down with homework. But I think God knows when I'm about to lose my sanity from hours of homework, and the next thing I know I'm running into the ocean at midnight with friends.
   I am learning that some weeks are simply going to be harder than others. Some will fly by and others will drag on forever. For assignments, when it rains it pours. I either have a week that is practically void of homework, or I have a big assignment for every class due on the same day. So I get ahead when I can, and try to rely on God for Peace through the rest of it.
   Spontaneous blessings are great. They're fun to give to people, and they're fun to receive. Some common ones are making a bed, doing the dishes, vacuuming the room, giving food/coffee, leaving a nice note, or even just telling someone you are praying for them. I love that college gives so many opportunities for small blessings like this.
   The conversations are wonderful. I love the debates, discussions, and rants. I love the shallow silly ones, the ones that seek counsel, the confessing ones, the ones that seek to find a solution, and ones of desperation, the ones that express love, and the ones of sharing in homesickness. Talking is marvelous therapy and listening is like getting a little bit clearer view of who that person is. What if every person was a blurry blob until we got to know them? The more we learned about them and really got to know them, the clearer we could see them. Wouldn't that be marvelous?
   I am learning to rely on God more and more every day. Whether it is asking God to help me be loving and respectful to a teacher I dislike, or asking for motivation to get me through homework, or to take away feelings of home sickness, I am becoming more and more aware of God's hand in every aspect of my life. And the more I see that and stop trying to make my own decisions, the more content and at peace I am.

I think that is all for now. I have homework to do. :)

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment