Last night I had the realization that I was going to miss this time in my life someday. That I was going to wish I could relive a lot of fond memories. I realized this as two of my classmates/dorm-mates helped me clean up my precious peanut butter that lay in a giant blob on the ramp in front of our dorm, permeated with glass shards that caused us all to bleed by the time we had cleaned up the mess. I realized this again as I sat up late into the night with my roommate, and we poured out our frustrations and worries about guys to each other, absorbing eachother's advice and encouragement, and appreciating a chance to let it all out. I had even come to this conclusion as I sat up with her during the hours of morning that are still night, trying to bring her fever down by mopping her face with a cold wash cloth, and praying that her coughing would cease so that she could fall asleep. Aren't those strange moments to miss? Yet I know I will. There will be times when I am with people and I wish I could be alone, yet there will also be lonely nights when I'd do anything for some company. There will be times I'm single when I wish I wasn't, and times when I will have a significant other, yet will wish for a moment that I was single again. But for right now, I will take each day as it comes, each assignment as it is given to me, each test as it approaches. I will take each opportunity of friendship as a blessing, each class as a chance to glean wisdom and knowledge, and every moment as a gift from God.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment