Wednesday, September 17, 2014

College Life This Far

   As I think back over the past couple weeks, it seems almost as fickle as the spring weather back home in Washington. I have so many high points and so many low points.

High points:
- Getting to worship for 2 and a half hours late into the night. I have missed singing worship music so much.
- Going to the beach spontaneously late at night and jumping in the waves with friends. I don't think I have ever felt so much elation as when I ran down the beach with my high-pitched girly squeal and jumped into the waves.
- Church on Sunday. I felt the family element of church that I have been missing.
- Seeing God sustain me through late nights of homework and days of exhaustion.

Low points:
- Very late nights of homework.
- Constantly feeling overwhelmed.
- Struggles with food.
- Homesickness.

   Today has been especially hard. Last night my roommate had a 30 min long seizure. Seizures are pretty common for her, but it is still hard to see someone you love in pain. So today I am plagued with concern about her and also feeling terrible because I am still not sure if I handled in correctly. It seems that a mutual friend is upset with me for not taking her to the hospital. Mostly I am perplexed that nobody wants to let me help them or is willing to even admit that they are not alright.
   My exhaustion has had me on the brink of a melt down all day... But what is slightly funny, is that rather than melting down over one of the things that happened, I came into my room and was so taken back by the grace shown to me by the RA of my dorm that I broke down.
   Well anyways, God is good to me. I know He has me in His hand and what I am learning about Him is blowing me away. I feel as if I am depending on Him with every fiber of my being.

Random note:
I was incredibly blessed last week when three friend messaged me or left a phone message to tell me they were praying for me. I am so blessed with my brothers and sisters in Christ!

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment