Monday, September 1, 2014

For good friends

   Today as I sat down to pray for a meal, I thought "Lord, thank you for this food, and for this last day before classes start," and without even really intending to, my next thought was "Thank you Lord for good friends." ...You have no idea how blessed I suddenly felt to be able to say that. In the moment I thanked God for that, I realized that I was beginning to settle in. For so many days I had felt extremely out of place even among so many Christians, and it has only been these last few days that I feel like I can kinda sorta be myself around a few people. The previous week has been hard, struggling emotionally with friendships back home, being separated from people who hug me and listen to me, but I'm convinced I wont be entirely a recluse now! Today was spent on crazy driving/shopping/eating adventures and during dinner we were all singing veggie tales songs together in the cafeteria.
   I'm still not extremely close with anyone besides my roommate, I mean I have only been here a little over a week. But I am feeling more hopeful now. Classes start tomorrow and I am really excited! But slightly apprehensive.

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment