I honestly had a terrible Thanksgiving weekend. I'm sick, and therefore was miserable for most of it, my best friend (and roommate) was gone visiting her family, I didn't really get to see much of my extended family, and I was honestly just really depressed about some stuff. (Don't ask me to try to explain what, I'm not entirely sure and it was several things.) But last night I called up one of my closest girlfriends (who is always insanely busy) and asked if she wanted to have a movie night. To my surprise and delight her response was "Yes! Come over in an hour!" So we watched a chick flick, then a couple episodes of an old TV show, then we went out to see a movie at the theater. Her bubbliness and enthusiasm wore off on me and my mood was 100x better when I left her house around 11pm. I am ever so thankful for her.
Last night I forgot to set my alarm to get up for church this morning (oops). So when my dad came downstairs I told him I would make it to the 2nd service. Well, then I couldn't stop coughing. So I ended up staying home and doing math for 3 and a half hours. Which was actually a huge blessing because I finally understood a certain concept.
I'm still in a good mood though. This weekend I was excruciatingly frustrated at my lack of grasp on life, and now things seem a lot clearer.
On a different note, I deactivated my facebook account temporarily and told my best friend to not let me reactivate it until I finish reading through the bible. (I'm mostly there, I just have 1st and 2nd Chronicles which is tediously boring.)
Lately my biggest struggle has been understanding how to practically apply my faith. Because it appears that I am doing it wrong. :P You know those memes that are a picture of a ridiculous mistake with the caption "You had one job."? Well honestly I feel like that. My one job in life is to bring glory to Christ and over and over I feel like the world and God are looking at me, face-palming, and saying "Seriously? You only have one job and you can't even get that right!"
One book that has been extremely helpful and insightful is "Respectable Sins" by Jerry Bridges. My girl's bible study has been going through it. It is extremely convicting and I highly recommend it.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment