I am in a beautiful, warm, Palm Springs with my family and one of my dear sisters in Christ. This vacation is such a huge blessing to me. I have been sleeping 10-12 hours every night and spending my days lounging by the pool with my bible, journal, a good book, and a glass of grapefruit juice. I have to say, I haven't felt this relaxed or rested since before school started.
God has been teaching me an immense amount in the past few weeks. Mostly to trust Him. And I have to say I am much more confidant trusting Him than I was a few weeks ago. It was not painless, but growth never is.
This vacation I started reading a book at my mom's recommendation. I just finished it. It is titled "Kisses from Katie." It was one of the most inspiring, amazing, influential books I have ever read. I have to admit that I picked it up, and almost didn't read more than the first chapter because of how much I long to do foreign missions in Africa like Katie is, but can't due to physical ailments. So initially, it was really hard for me to read. But I couldn't put it down! I marveled at her steadfast faith and willing spirit. How I long to see the Lord the way she does.
One thing I learned from her book was the importance of being where God wants you, and serving His purpose for you being there. I looked at my own life and so many things were suddenly made clear to me. The main one being that I am where God wants me. I am doing what He wills. I can't tell you how I have longed to be at peace that I am where I am intended to be.
I am so content and at peace right now. Life isn't perfect, but God is. My favorite quote from her book was "I am just an ordinary person serving an extraordinary God." That's the truth- plain and simple.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment