Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ungodliness

   So recently I decided that since I had lots of free time, I was going to use it to meditate more thoroughly on some of the chapters from the book my bible study just went through titled "Respectable Sins". A couple nights ago was my first night of many to be spent at my best friend's house, and I just couldn't sleep. So I grabbed my bible, journal, and the book I just mentioned, and curled up on the couch in the living room. I flipped through the book, and landed on the chapter about ungodliness, so I started there. Here are some of the notes i scribbled into my journal.
   Ungodliness - Living one's everyday life with little or no thought of God, or of God's will, or of God's glory, or of one's dependence on God.
   A huge way I can apply this is in my plannings. I struggle with making my plans in a worldly manner (2 Corinthians 1:17). So I wrote a note to myself that says "Plan in such a way that acknowledges God and His will, and with the attitude that He can (and probably will) change your plans."
   I loved this quote: "Sins of the tongue can not thrive in an awareness that God hears every word we speak." How true is that?!
   1 Timothy 4:7-8 "Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both present life, and the life to come." We must train ourselves to be godly.

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment