Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Running

A quick side note: For the past week I have felt the need to run. Something about running just helps my mind work through everything. When I start off, I feel free and invincible. I sprint because I'm so glad to be running. I soon slow to my normal steady pace, and before long my lungs start to burn and I consciously control my breathing. This is also the point at which my mind is dwelling on what has been plaguing me and I start praying silently because suddenly that is the obvious solution. As a lot of my runs end, eventually I am reminded that I ate something I was allergic to that day and I have to slow to a walk or sit down because the stomach cramps are so bad. I return to the house feeling dejected and weak, and able to do nothing more than lift my concerns and weaknesses before God. But I don't know... somewhere in all of that something got accomplished.

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment