Umm.... So I started this post a couple weeks ago... and I have come to accept that it isn't going to get finished... But here you go!
Alright, so I have been gaining such a deeper understanding of the Old Testament through my OT Survey 1 class. And there are all these connections and meanings that I am learning about, and I'd like to share them, since they kind of blow my mind!
The Hebrew word used for "create" in Genesis is "bara". This word always has God as the subject. God can create, whereas men can only copy. This is the same word David uses in Psalm 51:10 when he says "Create in me a clean heart O God." I especially found this cool because David is implying that a clean heart has never been there and he desires God to create it within him.
When the serpent is speaking to Eve, he is speaking in 2nd person PLURAL. So Adam was certainly with her.
When Adam and Eve's eyes were opened after eating the fruit from the tree (Genesis 3:7), the terminology is the same as it used when Jesus opens the eyes for the two men on the road to Arimathea in Luke 24.
Aaaaand maybe I will post more later.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment