Monday, April 16, 2012

When the responsobility is unclear

   I'm feeling so overwhelmed and confused by the complications of life. Is it just me, or does it seem to get more and more complex as you grow older? Is it just that our brains can handle more and so it seems more perplexing? With knowledge comes responsibility. So as I gain more knowledge and my naivety fades, I have more and more responsibility.

Example #1 If I am listening to a song and I realize it has a lot of stuff in it that is not pure (Philippians 4:8) I am now obliged, or I now have the responsibility, to not listen to that song again and use discretion next time I want to listen to a new song from that artist.

   So in that case the responsibility is pretty clear. But what if you acquire knowledge about the same subject from different sources. And they have different ideas?

Example #2 One friend says dancing is wrong and another says it's fine and just a lot of fun. (Btw this is just an random example I thought up.)

   At this point I have to decide for myself what I think on this subject. I can ask other opinions, but they'll probably differ too. I can pray about it, and look at verse references, but I still might not have a clear conviction of whether it is right or wrong. So what do I do at this point? What is my responsibility? I have researched it to the best of my ability, and I still don't know! I am finding myself at this point on a couple subjects. And all I can do is stall and ask God to reveal it to me.

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment