Ok so there are times when God gently convicts you that you need to change something in your life, and then there are times he seems to yell at you so that you'll get the picture. lol That happened to me today....
So I love wearing long skirts. They are very comfortable and feminine. But it's hard for me to wear them to the store or just out on a walk because I feel like everyone thinks I'm strange. I know that's silly, and I have no reason to be self conscious, but I am. And what God showed me today is that I care way too much what people think of me. I remembered that when I'm around certain people I don't make the jokes or puns that I normally would. Because every time I do, they all grow silent and just stare at me. Why does it matter if people think I'm old fashioned for wearing long skirts? WHY DOES IT BOTHER ME???? Isn't it God's opinion that matters and not man's? Yeah.... it is. Those are just some small examples, they get worse. Looks like I have some old insecurities to break....
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment