It is Easter Sunday. As I listened to the sermon in church this morning, my mind wandered to all of my friends who are slipping in their faith... they tried for so long to swim on their own that they gave in and are letting themselves drown, rather than grabbing the life preserver that God has extended to them.
What was running through their minds today?
Phrases in the sermon caught my attention such as "held to a standard of perfection," "seen as perfect because of Christ," and "God is not fair. Fairness would result in our destruction. He is just. He is merciful. He is gracious. He is loving."
What do words like these mean to them? What do they think Easter is even celebrating? Do they push it from their minds so they don't have to think about it an own up to it? Do they lie to themselves and concoct a way of convincing themselves it is a fraud?
How I long to see the scales fall from their eyes... to see their clouded vision cleared. I feel guilty not having a cheerful spirit on the day that the human race was given an escape from eternal death, but my heart aches for the ones I love who can't appreciate these words or be overwhelmed with thankfulness that they are true and they apply to them.
~Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment