Monday, June 2, 2014

Just rambling

A little precursor... This post doesn't really consist of biblical ramblings, just ramblings in general. (It'll be short, I promise.)

   Wow... so... can I just say the realization that I am graduating this weekend is blowing my mind? Not only that, but God is doing something huge in my life right now, something that I have thought about since I was a little girl, and I am so excited! I feel like I'm on a ship and haven't gotten my "sea legs" yet... still so unsure about how to proceed forward, stumbling around a bit, and placing each foot cautiously, but so filled with happiness I feel I could burst! It's so strange thinking about this stage of life coming to an end in a week, and my friends going different directions, but the future is looking so promising and I feel so overwhelmed by the blessings God has been pouring on my undeserving self. I am still missing the place I consider my home, and my best friend who lives there, but God is helping me to become more and more content here.
   Technically I am entering "adulthood" now... whatever that means.... Haha! But really... does this mean I need to start going to bed at a reasonable hour and should stop dancing around the kitchen singing at the top of my lungs into a head of broccoli? Because if that is so I'm afraid I am not cut out to be an adult. In all reality the prospect of moving to California by myself in three months terrifies and excites me all at once. This "transition period" between high school and college is going to be a crazy one, but I am so excited to see what this summer brings.
   My conclusion is this: God is good. I have yearned for graduation since fifth grade and thought it would never come, but here it is. And it is only by the goodness of God that I got here. Thank you Lord for this incredible journey, and thank you for bringing it to an end. :)

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment