Saturday, May 5, 2012

The comfort of prayer

   I don't get stage fright. Sure I start shaking uncontrollably, can't stop talking, and can't eat... Ok I get stage fright. But so do most people, so tonight I was in good company. It was right before a choir performance, two friends (who are 2 of the sweetest sisters I know) and I were fidgeting with our hair and talking incessantly in the ladies room. And out of the blue the one says to her sister "Ok we need to pray again!" So the three of us huddled together and prayed over the performance, and for our nervousness, and a sense of peace seemed to envelope us. I don't know how I made it through the night, it all went by so fast.... I only remember a few funny moments here and there where someone went missing, or something went wrong with the mic. I have no doubt that God calmed our nerves and placed his hand over the whole performance. Prayer is such a comfort to have. It's such a blessing that we so often take for granted!

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment