Monday, July 22, 2013

Luke 1:15

   Luke 1:15 says "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Now this verse is Elizabeth prophesying to Mary about Jesus, but I read that verse and really felt God telling me that it applied to me. And here's why:
   I really desire to be married. And lately it has been on my mind more than I would like it to be. I find myself worrying that I'll end up marrying someone I am not attracted to, simply because I haven't been seriously sweet on someone for a really long time. I find myself wondering if I'll ever get desperate and marry someone I'm not supposed to. Or what if I am supposed to be single and I never do find a guy? I find myself worrying about where the guy I marry will want to live, how many kids he will want to have. Because of something a friend said, I find myself wondering if it is ridiculous to expect a feeling of assurance that I have found the man I should marry at some point. I think if I don't ever get some emotional rush that verifies I have met my intended, then I really never will get married because I am too afraid of making a mistake. And even if I ever do meet a guy that I fall in love with, I worry that he wont love me back or I wont be a good enough wife to him.
   Now here is why this verse applied to me in this aspect... I talked to God a lot about this. After upsetting conversations with a friend, I spent hours weeping and pouring my heart out to Him about my worries, doubts, and concerns about marriage and the possibility of it in the future. And I very clearly felt Him whispering to my heart that He has someone for me. And He will bring him into my life in His timing. And I will know. It wont be a guessing game where I guess wrong and my chance for a fairytale ending disappears. (Yes I am being a bit fanciful here.) He will show me who I am supposed to marry when it is time.
   For a while I was perfectly happy remembering this, but lately doubts have crept in again. When I read Luke 1:15, even though I have memorize this chapter, this verse suddenly jumped out at me. It was like God was saying "Melody! This verse applies to you!"

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment