Saturday, June 1, 2013

Seeking Renewal of Strength

   Right now I feel like I'm 10 feet from the finish line of a huge race. I am so exhausted my limbs feel like they're gonna fall off, I am breathing so heavily I'm going to pass out soon, and I'm pushing myself to sprint the last 10 feet. All that is on my mind is resting after the finish line, rejuvenating myself with water, and catching my breath. Since this is a metaphor though, in reality my mind is so exhausted I feel like my brain is dying, I am so overwhelmed with stress I don't know how much more I can take, and I'm pushing myself to finish off this last week strong. My mind is consumed by the promise that after school ends I can catch up on sleep, renew myself with the gospel and fellowship with friends, and rest in the knowledge that I finished off the year strong. It's almost as if I picked up a 10lb weight a few meters back too because I started a lifeguarding course that is 5 hours every night. SO.... I am exhausted.
   There is a verse that I love so much. I know a song to it and occasionally it makes me cry because it is just such a wonderful promise. Isaiah 40:30-31 "Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Every time I hear that verse or it crosses my mind I feel this a rush of calmness wash over me. Because I hope in the Lord. My strength will be renewed. That just makes me so... happy! :)

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment