Saturday, June 8, 2013

Friendship

 Here's a few verses to ponder:

- Romans 12:10 "Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor."

- Psalm 17:17 "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."

- Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."

   In regard to the first verse... No one does this better than my group of friends. I am constantly overwhelmed with how blessed I am with such a tight-knit group of brothers and sisters in Christ.
   Loving at all times... This can be so difficult. There have been times this past year I let myself be bitter and remain angry and even though I was civil towards that person I wasn't being loving at all. And yet, they still showed love to me. Honestly nothing can make me feel like quite so terrible a person as hating someone in my heart and then having them do something kind for me. Deep down I still cared for these people, I was just temporarily upset... But I am grateful they are better at forgiving than I am.
   This third verse is so true. I have a certain brother who sharpens me more than anyone else. He tells me what I need to hear even if I don't want to hear it. I learn from him through his knowledge and learn to be more like Christ through his actions. He is always loving towards me and though I often act rashly and speak without thinking he carefully considers his response before replying.
   I am so incredibly blessed with my brothers and sisters who put up with me. I am very grateful that I get to spend eternity with them. :)

~Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment