It's a heartbreak like none other, because everything might not turn out all right. In fact, everything very well might turn out the worst I could ever imagine. It is heartbreak that entails sobbing for hours before I sleep, days spent in a solemn daze, hours on the brink of tears. It entails a constant plea to God, because there is literally nothing I can do. It is my heart breaking into millions of pieces for my unbelieving friend. For the injustice she suffered in her life that pushed her to reject the Lord, to scorn Him, to deny His existence. And I plead for mercy on her behalf, because I don't know what else to do. How can I stitch together a life so broken by someone else's sin?
How great is the love The Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are. The reason the world does not know us, is that it did not know Him.
-Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment